Drone Imaging Services
GCI uses advanced drone imaging to collect data that informs and supports the work of our engineers, technicians and building envelope consultants.
High resolution drone-acquired imagery helps make human work safer, more efficient and more accurate.
Combined with the ability to reach and image areas not previously accessible, the result is a sizeable leap forward in the information available for risk management and decision making purposes.
GCI’s drone services are deployed to:
- Support and conduct construction observation and building envelope inspections during or after construction
- Reach inaccessible locations and help improve conformance to construction details and specifications
- Minimize technicians’ time in perilous jobsite situations
- Safely and legally fly at night to capture thermal imaging of roof surfaces to detect the loss of heated or cooled air, adding previously unavailable insights to visual roof inspections
- Detect water flow and moisture retention patterns on roofs that indicate possible water intrusion concerns
- Identify wall or roof areas where insulation may be compromised or missing
- Fly inside buildings and under structures that block GPS access
- Inspect cell towers, electrical transmission towers, solar arrays and electrical substations
- Create 3D digital assets to complete maintenance inspections without putting technicians at risk
- Pinpoint hot spots on solar panels that indicate potential problem areas and increased fire risk
Nighttime inspections are made possible with our Skydio drone’s built-in visible and infrared (IR) strobe lights that adhere to FAA regulations. The drone’s AI-driven autonomous flight is managed by GCI’s licensed drone pilot.
GCI’s drone equipment is designed and assembled in America and all data is maintained and processed within the U.S. in compliance with National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) regulations.
Developers, contractors, building owners, property managers, inspectors and design professionals all benefit from the advanced capabilities of AI-driven drone imaging.